Hi! I am a postdoctoral researcher at the university of Pisa since March 2018. Here my main research is focused on bioinformatics applications of text compression techniques. Previously (January 2017 - March 2018), I held a postdoc position at the technical university of Denmark (DTU), Copenhagen. Before that (January 2014 - December 2016), I was a PhD student at the university of Udine (Italy).
My main interests include: algorithms and data structures for data compression, information theory, bioinformatics, and programming (check also my github page).
You can download my up-to-date CV here.
- 15 Jun 2018. Our paper Dominik Kempa, Alberto Policriti, Nicola Prezza, and Eva Rotenberg. “String Attractors: Verification and Optimization” has been accepted at ESA 2018!
- 9 Feb 2018. Our paper: Dominik Kempa and Nicola Prezza. “At the Roots of Dictionary Compression: String Attractors.” has been accepted at STOC 2018! see you in Los Angeles!
- 9 Jan 2018. I had the pleasure to present these two papers at SODA 2018 (New Orleans):
- Nicola Prezza. “In-Place Sparse Suffix Sorting.”
- Travis Gagie, Gonzalo Navarro, and Nicola Prezza. “Optimal-time text indexing in BWT-runs bounded space.”
- 20 Dec 2017. I will co-teach a 3-weeks summer school on compact data structures with Travis Gagie from July 30 to August 17, 2018 at a Coruña (Spain). Student applications are open!
- 21 Nov 2017. I will be on the program committee of the 29th Annual Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching CPM 2018
- 25 Jun 2017. I will co-chair the 13th Workshop on Compression, Text and Algorithms WCTA 2018